The following detail installation dimensions will provide the necessary design information for
the use of PS&E O-Rings.
1. Clearance must be held to an absolute minimum consistent with design requirements for temperature
variations, and should not exceed values shown in table.
2. Diametrical squeeze indicates minimum interference between packing C.S. diameter and "C"
3. Total indicator reading between groove and adjacent bearing surface.
4. If space is limited, reduce "D" by substituting actual O-Ring C.S. diameter to high tolerance plus status
seal and squeeze.
5. All surfaces and corners must be without tool marks, nicks, or scratches.
Calculate non-standard installation as follows:
Max bore dia. minus two times gland width = Min. piston grove dia.
Min. rod dia. plus two times gland width = Max. gland grove dia.